Aims of the School
At St George’s Infant School and Nursery we aim to provide:
· A happy, caring stimulating environment where children are valued for their individuality.
· A safe, secure place for children to learn and play
· A sense of belonging to a school ‘family’
· A broad and balanced curriculum both inside and outside the classroom
· Opportunities for children to develop talents and achieve their full potential.
St George's Infant School and Nursery is a lively and stimulating school with seven class rooms, a double relocatable teaching unit and a brand new purpose built Nursery Unit.
The number intended to admit is 90 per academic year. In addition, our nursery provides 52 part-time places with the children either attending morning or afternoon sessions.
The school was built in 1974 and the new nursery was built in the summer of 2012. St George's Infant School & Nursery is pleasantly situated adjacent to a playing field and surrounded by trees.
There is an assembly hall, which is equipped for physical activities.
The school has a wide range of resources available to support learning and teaching across the curriculum.
These are reviewed and updated regularly, according to the needs of the children and the curriculum.
The school has a hard play area providing for playground games and for active play. Each play area is divided by a fence and gateway to ensure that children are able to play freely. There are also fenced gardens with small picnic tables at the rear of the building for children who wish to play more quietly.
Click here for more information.